Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cardfight!! Vanguard:
Legion of Dragons & Blades (BT16)
- FAQs

BT16/001: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/036: Metalborg, Black Boy
BT16/L01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/S01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon

Q1: If I use another effect other than the [Legion20000]'s Activate ability to [Legion], can I perform another [Legion] by paying the cost?
A1: Yes, you may pay the cost by returning 4 units back to your deck, but since you are already in [Legion], you can't search for another Legion Mate. After returning the cards, shuffle the deck.

---------

BT16/001: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/L01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/S01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon

Q2: What if I activates "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon"'s 2nd effect, and I found out that I do not have any more "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon" in my deck?
A2: As you can't search for anything, simply shuffle the deck.

---------

BT16/001: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/021: Crossbow Seeker, Gildas
BT16/L01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/S01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon

Q3: Can I activate the effect which states "When your vanguard perform [Legion]" When my vanguard is [Legion] by another effect other than it's [Legion20000]'s Activate ability, when I use its Activate ability [Legion20000]?
A3: No, you can't. As this FAQs got lots of people confused, CMD here will state an example to help you all out:-
Example:
When I use "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon"'s 2nd effect to Soulmate Legion, then during my next Main Phase, I choose to use "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon"'s [Legion20000] Activate ability to return 4 cards to my deck (Refer to Q1.A1), if I have "Crossbow Seeker, Gildas" on my field, I will not be able to activate its effect.

But during the attack of my "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon", and if I choose to use its 2nd effect to Soulmate Legion, I will still be able to activate "Crossbow Seeker, Gildas".

---------

BT16/002: Honest Seeker, Egbert

Q4: When I activate the effect of "Honest Seeker, Egbert", do I include it's Legion Mate for the effect?
A4: Yes, it is included in the calculation.

---------

BT16/002: Honest Seeker, Egbert
BT16/044: Sky Bow Seeker, Morvi
BT16/046: Sky Arrow Seeker, Lunete

Q5: If my vanguard is in [Legion], does the Legion Leader and its Mate are treated as 1 unit?
A5: No, it will be treated as 2 units.

---------

BT16/005: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare
BT16/S05: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare

Q6: If there is no rear-guard in the center back row [R] when this unit is in [Legion], and the attack hits my opponent's vanguard, can I [Stand] a rear-guard with the 3rd effect?
A6: Yes, you can [Stand] a unit. When your vanguard is in [Legion], it is treated as there is another unit in the center column.

Q7: If one of my rear-guard on my left or right [R] is in [Rest], and when my vanguard is in [Legion] and is being [Boosted], do i meet the condition of its 2nd effect of "the number of [Rest] units you have is four or more"?
A7: Yes, the condition is met. If the rear-guard on the left or right [R] is in [Rest] and your vanguard is in [Legion] which mean there are 2 units, and also it is being [Boosted], therefore, when the 2nd effect resolves, you will have 4 units that are in [Rest], hence, it meets the conditions.

---------

BT16/006: Metalborg, Sin Buster
BT16/015: Metalborg, Dryon
BT16/076: Metalborg, Russell Blizzard
BT16/S07: Metalborg, Sin Buster

Q8: If I use the effect of "Metalborg, Russell Blizzard" on my vanguard which is in [Legion] and is [Boosted] by an unit, like "Metalborg, Express", will I be able to activate its 2nd effect?
A8: Yes, the effect will be activated. The [Power] increase is due to its [Boosted] Power and it is in [Legion] and given the [Power] increased by the effect of "Metalborg, Russell Blizzard". So when it is resolving its Auto effect of "When this unit attacks", it will activate it as its [Power] is more that 30000.

---------

BT04/055: Glory Maker
BT16/006: Metalborg, Sin Buster
BT16/015: Metalborg, Dryon
BT16/S07: Metalborg, Sin Buster

Q9: When I declare an attack with my vanguard which is in [Legion] and being [Boosted] by "Glory Maker" when I have 4 damage. Do I meet the condition of its 2nd effect "this unit's [Power] is 30000 or greater"?
A9: Yes. The proper procedure for "Attack" and "[Boost]" (Attack Step) are:

Step 1: Declare the attacking, [Boosting], and target unit.

Step 2: Add the [Power] of the attacking unit with the [Boosting] unit.

Step 3: Resolve the Auto ability of "When this unit attacks", "When this unit [Boost]" and/or "When this unit gets [Boosted]" in any sequence.

Step 4: Resolve all other Auto abilities before proceeding to Trigger Check (For your Vanguard only)

Hence, when resolving for the 2nd effect, it will have [Power] of 30000.

---------

BT16/006: Metalborg, Sin Buster
BT16/080: Metalborg, Black Doctor
BT16/S07: Metalborg, Sin Buster

Q10: If I [Boost] my "Metalborg, Sin Buster" which is in [Legion] with my "Metalborg, Black Doctor", can I activate "Metalborg, Sin Buster"'s 2nd effect?
A10: Yes, you can.

---------

BT16/007: Emerald Blaze
BT16/S09: Emerald Blaze

Q11: When this unit is in [Legion], can I pay the cost with "Silver Blaze" for its 2nd effect?
A11: Yes, you can.

---------

BT16/005: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare
BT16/008: Peony Musketeer, Martina
BT16/013: Phoenix Raizer Drill Wing
BT16/015: Metalborg, Dryon
BT16/S05: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare
BT16/S11: Peony Musketeer, Martina

Q12: If there is no rear-guard in the center back row [R] when this unit is in [Legion], when this unit attacks the vanguard, will I get [Power] +3000?
A12: Yes. When your vanguard is in [Legion], it is treated as there is another unit in the center column.

---------

BT16/011: Brawler, Big Bang Slash Dragon
BT16/S04: Brawler, Big Bang Slash Dragon

Q13: When your "Brawler" vanguard which is in [Legion], its attack hits, do I get the effect twice on this unit?
A13: No, it will only trigger once. Even if your vanguard which is in [Legion] attacks and hits, it is considered as once.

---------

BT16/019: Licorice Musketeer, Vera

Q14: During the turn that this unit performs [Legion], what's the [Power] of this unit?
A14: 26000. There are 2 units in the vanguard, the Legion Leader and its Legion Mate, hence each will receive [Power] +3000.

---------

BT16/001: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/009: Blaster Blade Seeker
BT16/023: Glynngal Seeker
BT16/L01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/L02: Blaster Blade Seeker
BT16/S01: Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon
BT16/S02: Blaster Blade Seeker

Q15: When the attack of my vanguard which is in [Legion], like "Seeker, Sing Saver Dragon", and its attack hits the vanguard, am I able to activate the Auto ability of this card?
A15: Yes, you can. When your vanguard which is in [Legion], there is a "Blaster Blade Seeker" in the same column with this unit which is in the center back row [R].

---------

BT16/033: Metalborg, Ur Buster
BT16/S08: Metalborg, Ur Buster

Q16: When my vanguard performs [Legion], if there are 2 copies of this unit in my rear-guard, when the attack hits my opponent's vanguard, am I able to retire 2 of my opponent's rear-guard with its effect?
A16: Yes, you can.

Q17: If the effect of this card is given to the Legion Mate instead of the Legion Leader, will I be able to trigger the effect when the attack hits my opponent's vanguard
A17: Yes, it will be activated.

---------

BT16/036: Metalborg, Black Boy

Q18: Can I use the effect even if I do not have 4 or more cards in my drop zone, and my opponent's vanguard is below Grade 3?
A18: Yes, you can.

---------

BT16/033: Metalborg, Ur Buster
BT16/036: Metalborg, Black Boy
BT16/S08: Metalborg, Ur Buster

Q19: If my vanguard is "Metalborg, Ur Buster", and I do not ride "Metalborg, Sin Buster" from my deck as I have a "Metalborg, Sin Buster" in my soul, am I able to perform [Legion] with that "Metalborg, Sin Buster" which is in my soul?
A19: Yes, you can perform [Legion] with it. As you did not ride from your deck, you just simply shuffle your deck.

---------

BT01/074: Highspeed, Brakki
BT16/039: Machine Gun Gloria

Q20: If I were to use this unit to [Boost] "Highspeed, Brakki" and I use the effect of "Highspeed, Brakki", at the beginning of the close step of that battle, and I choose to use the effect of "Highspeed, Brakki" to return it to the deck, am I still able to activate this unit's effect?
A20: Yes, you can. As the effect "put the boosted unit at the bottom of your deck" is not a cost, so when you are resolving the effect, you still activate it without it.

---------

BT16/042: Camellia Musketeer, Tamara

Q21: Can I look at the cards first before I choose the rear-guard with the effect of this unit?
A21: No, you can't. You must resolve the effect in the order of the text, which is:

Step 1: Choose one of your rear-guards

Step 2: Look at four cards from the top of your deck, then search for up to one card with the same name as that unit

Step 3: Call it to [R].

Step 4: Shuffle your deck.

---------

BT16/005: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare
BT16/065: Carvingraizer
BT16/S05: Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare

Q22: If my vanguard, "Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare" is in [Legion], do it get [Power] +4000 by the effect of this unit?
A22: Yes. It will be [Power] +4000. It is because there are 2 units in your [V] when your vanguard is in [Legion] and is in the same column with this unit where this unit is in the center back row [R].