Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cardfight!! Vanguard:
Lock
(呪縛)



When a card is affected by Lock, it is turned face down until the end of its owning player's turn (the card remains where it is).

An unit turned face down by Lock cannot be used to perform any action; it CANNOT attack, boost, use skills, be used to pay a cost, move to another circle or zone (including intercept) or be retired by calling another unit over it.

The card is NOT considered a unit and the card and the circle it is on are considered to not exist for the duration of the Lock skill.

---------
Lock's FAQs

Question 1:
- If I have Liberator of the Round Table, Alfred as my vanguard and 1 of my 5 rear-guards has been locked, will my vanguard's power be 19000 or 21000 due to his Limit Break?

Answer 1:
- 19000. Your Locked unit does not exist on the field anymore. 

Question 2:
- If my vanguard is Dragonic Overlord and my only rear-guard is a Embodiment of Armor, Bahr which is Locked, will my Dragonic Overlord gets [Power] -2000?


Answer 2:
- Yes. It will be treated as though there is not a unit on the rear-guard circle, meaning Dragonic Overlord will get [Power] -2000.

Question 3:
- If my vanguard is Eradicator, Dragonic Descendant and my only rear-guard is a Embodiment of Armor, Bahr which is Locked, will my Eradicator, Dragonic Descendant be able to attack?

Answer 3:
- Yes. Since the locked unit no longer counts as a unit, therefore it does not affect skills such as Lord.

_________

Japanese Image Guide/Rules (FAQs) to the new ability Lock: